Programs & Initiatives
General Safety Program
The General Safety Program comprises three broad components as follows:
- Occupational Safety for civilian employees and members of the CF;
- Occupational and Public Health for civilian employees; and,
- Early Return to Work for civilian employees.
The Vice-Chief of Defence Staff (VCDS) is responsible to oversee the General Safety Program. The Director of General Safety (D Safe G) reports to the VCDS and is responsible to plan, develop, co-ordinate, promulgate and administer the General Safety Program which provides the framework and policies upon which subordinate organizations formulate and implement their own specific programs. D Safe G is responsible to VCDS for the following six key areas:
- program framework and policies,
- training and professional development,
- promotion and motivation including the Safety Digest,
- interpretation and consulting services,
- hazardous occurrence information and analysis including Safety Notices, and
- Secretariat for all departmental and Canadian Forces health and safety programs.